Ticket Mobilité, an easy-to-use digital solution facilitating employees’ commuting journeys
Ticket Mobilité works along the same lines as a Ticket Restaurant service voucher for commuting journeys. It provides a simple means for employers to cover up to €400 p.a. of their employees’ commuting costs.
Edenred’s Ticket Mobilité solution is a fully digital account supported by a payment card and a mobile application. It can be used to pay fuel bills (heating and electricity) and also for the new mobility services instituted by the Forfait mobilités durables decrees (bike rental and car-sharing), pursuant to the Loi d’Orientation des Mobilités (LOM) Act adopted in November 2019. The Ticket Mobilité account can be customized to fit the needs of each employee and business and used within the LOM guidelines.
With the Ticket Mobilité’s launch, Edenred is stepping up its commitment to employers, by harnessing its experience in building a positive dialog with employees and its technological experience in delivering digital solutions and filtered payments. Even before it launched Ticket Mobilité, Edenred was a major force in mobility. It generates close to 30% of its revenue from mobility solutions and boasts an extensive offering covering the full range of a business’ mobility needs.
Julien Tanguy, General Manager, Edenred France, commented: “The gradual easing of the lockdown restrictions puts employee mobility right of the top of the agenda for business and raises the prospect of greater use over the coming weeks of lighter-treading forms of mobility, such as bikes. In these unprecedented times, Edenred again intends to show the way forward by encouraging responsible commuting, which can really make a difference. Our new Ticket Mobilité program helps to meet the commuting-related needs of our corporate clients and their employees. It will boost employees’ purchasing power and raise their quality of life in the workplace, while giving businesses a simpler way of managing employees’ mobility benefits. This solution also provides support for our partner merchants by ensuring that allocations are devoted exclusively to mobility needs. Last but not least, it brings the society-wide transition to green mobility solutions a step closer.”
A beneficial solution encouraging new mobility services
En plus de sa simplicité d’usage, Ticket Mobilité présente de nombreux avantages, à la fois pour pour les salariés et pour les entreprises.
- A boost to their purchasing power
- Prepaid mobility expenses, avoiding the need to pay expenses up front, totaling up to €400 p.a. per employee
- €0 in social security contributions and tax
- Time savings
- No expense claims or supporting paperwork need to be submitted to the employer
- Freedom of choice
- The Ticket Mobilité Partner Merchant network has all employees’ mobility needs covered, including all use cases permitted by the LOM Act.
For the business:
- Streamlined administration and fully traceable expenses
- Guarantee that all allocations are spent on commuting costs
- No expense paperwork to analyze and approve
- Unspent amounts can be recovered for the business’ charitable causes
- Greater purchasing power for employees at a lower cost
- €0 in social security contributions and tax for employers
- Employee journeys are made easier
- Introduction of more environmentally friendly mobility solutions
- Employees’ individual mobility and interoperability needs can be met
- It’s completely straightforward for an employee with a Ticket Mobilité account to use it to buy a bike. For example, if the bike costs €699, the Ticket Mobilité covers up to €400, and the rest can be paid using a standard bank card.
- In addition to a €100 annual contribution to each employee’s public transport travel plans, a further €300 p.a. can be used to hire bikes and/or for car-sharing solutions.