Dominique D’Hinnin is currently a member of the Board of Directors of Eutelsat Communications SA, leading satellite operator in Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, of Spanish media group PRISA, and of Belgian retail group Louis Delhaize SA.
His term as a Director of Edenred will expire at the Annual Shareholders' Meeting called to approve the financial statements for 2019. This corresponds to the period remaining for the term of Nadra Moussalem, who is resigning from his position as a Director of Edenred following Colony Capital's sale of its stake in the Group in January 2017.
Dominique D’Hinnin, 57, is a French citizen and a graduate of Ecole Normale Supérieure and Ecole Nationale d’Administration. He began his career in 1986 with France's Inspection des Finances before joining Lagardère as Chief Internal Auditor in 1990. In 1993, he became Chief Financial Officer of Hachette Livre and went on to be named Executive Vice President of Grolier Inc (Connecticut, USA) in 1994. In 1998, he was appointed Chief Financial Officer of the Lagardère group, where he also held the position of co managing partner between 2009 and 2016.
By decision of Edenred's Board of Directors, Dominique D’Hinnin will also be a member of the Audit and Risks Committee.
Bertrand Dumazy, Chairman and CEO of Edenred, said: "I'm very pleased that the Board has decided to appoint Dominique D’Hinnin as a Director of Edenred. His financial experience and contribution to the Boards of other companies, both listed and unlisted, make Dominique the perfect candidate for this role as a Director of Edenred.
On the Board's behalf, I extend our heartfelt thanks to Nadra Moussalem for his contribution to the Board since the Company's initial public offering in 2010. His strategic vision and his role in the transition of our governance have been decisive factors in the Group's development".
The Board of Directors noted that Dominique D’Hinnin qualifies as an Independent Director according to the AFEP/MEDEF corporate governance code. Edenred now has 10 Directors, of which 90% are independent and 40% are women.
Edenred's Board of Directors now has the following 10 members, as well as Board observer Philippe Citerne:
• Jean-Paul Bailly*, Honorary Chairman of Groupe La Poste
• Anne Bouverot*, Chair of Safran Identity & Security
• Sylvia Coutinho*, Chief Executive Officer of UBS Brazil
• Dominique D’Hinnin*, Director of companies
• Bertrand Dumazy, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Edenred
• Gabriele Galateri di Genola*, Chairman of Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A.
• Maëlle Gavet*, Chief Operating Officer of Compass
• Françoise Gri*, Lead Independent Director and Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors
• Jean-Romain Lhomme*, Co-Founder of PJX10
• Bertrand Meheut*, Director of companies
* Independent Director
Membership of the three standing Board Committees is now as follows:
• Audit and Risks Committee: Jean-Paul Bailly (Chairman), Dominique D’Hinnin and Jean Romain Lhomme;
• Commitments Committee: Jean-Paul Bailly (Chairman), Anne Bouverot and Bertrand Méheut;
• Compensation and Appointments Committee: Françoise Gri (Chairman), Sylvia Coutinho and Gabriele Galateri di Genola.